Awakekat from the US not only has liked Legos from an early age, but also likes to share her knowledge. She has already streamed 978 hours on LiveEdu and is going strong to break the 1000 hour barrier. Clearly, she is one of the finest WordPress experts in the industry with a love for web development. She is currently working as IT Support for Home Gadget Guru and has over 1359 followers.
The project that she will work on is “Start to Finish: PSD To WordPress.” This project is in TEACHING mode. It is a live and real-world project. This means that you can interact with the streamer and communicate with them directly using chat. Got stuck? Just go ahead and ask her questions.
- Starting Date: Friday, 24th March 2017
- Schedule: Weekly 7-9PM EST New York time on Monday, Wednesday, Friday
What is the project about?
If you ever thought of creating a WordPress website from a PSD, then this is what you have been waiting for. In this Premium Project Tutorial, Awakekat will go forward and explain A-Z steps that are required for you to transform a PSD into a WordPress theme. Fascinating, isn’t?
ENJOYING THIS POST?
Get 5% discount on your monthly subscription purchase
She will cover every facet of the process and will ensure that you don’t miss a single detail. In the end, you will be able to use your own operational Blog/Magazine site built on WordPress from scratch.
For who is the project aimed at?
The project is aimed at learners who are eager to expand their web development skills. To completely enjoy and learn at the same time, the viewer should have a basic understanding of Photoshop, HTML, SCSS, CSS, Bootstrap, Font Awesome, Mamp Pro and WordPress in general. If you are a complete beginner, the course is not for you. You need to meet the basic requirement before you can start with the tutorial.
What will you be able to do after you finish the course?
After you finish the tutorial, you will be able to transform a PSD website to WordPress. This is extremely useful for web developers who want to dive deep into the WordPress realm. You will be able to build a blog, a news website or even a job listing website with the skills you learn from the tutorial.
- Session 1: Mockup and general layout of site, using Photoshop Choosing Colors and Typography with Google Fonts for Style Guide
- Session 2: Add photos and finalize
- Session 3: Structure the HTML with CSS class names Linking up Bootstrap, Font Awesome and Google Fonts
- Session 4: Style the Site with CSS – this may run over 2 sessions
- Session 5: Installing WordPress with Mamp Pro, creating databases, setting up WordPress, installing the developer plugin,which shows the current template file name alongside BackupBuddy and starting files for theme: index.php, style.css, header.php, footer.php, functions.php and front-page.php
- Session 6: Creating pages and filling in content, setting menu, categories and creating custom loops for category pages
- Session 7: Finalizing
Web development is one of the most-wanted skills in the market right now. And, if you think that you want to become a Web developer, you should have the skills to transform a PSD to a website successfully. WordPress, on the other hand, is the number one CMS in the market, giving you tons of opportunities to use your skill to improve your career and demand in the market.
To watch and learn, you need a LiveEdu Pro subscription. With just the subscription, you will not only be able to learn from this tutorial but also get access to other Premium Project Tutorials.